Thursday, July 26, 2012

Spending Saturday Night at @america

Now, I’d like to share my story with my roommates, kak Wulan and kak Dita. It was on Saturday night, May 26th and June 23rd, 2012. We went to @america, Pasific Place, Jakarta to see the performance of Sandhy Sondoro and Dira Sugandi for free. Hehe..


May 26th, 2012.
Kak Wulan and I went to @america to see Sandhy Sondoro’s performance at 7p.m. Unfortunately, kak dita couldn’t join with us, but next time, she will. Before we met Sandhy, we visited Rumah Makan Meutia at Bedungan Hilir. I heard that it was the most delicious Aceh food in Jakarta. We ordered Mie Aceh, Teh Tarik and Roti Cane.  
Teh Tarik

Aceh Food

Mie Aceh

Yummy…I liked it so much, especially teh tarik. It was the first time I ate Aceh food. The noodle was so much. I was full….!! I continued to eat roti cane, I was totally full then. :D

Because we thought that Pasific Place was not far from Benhil, we decided to go there on foot. Hehee… I wore wedges, and I felt tired. After we arrived there, we got the strategic place to see the stage. We were in the second row, and Sandhy Sondoro came to the stage. It looked exclusive event because the audiences could see and communicate the guest star closely. 
the stage

Shandy and Host

Shandy's performance

Sandy Sondoro is the winner of the 2009 International Contest of Young Pop Singer New Wave, in Jūrmala, Latvia. WAW !! He started to gain fame in his home country Indonesia after videos of his performances in New Wave were uploaded to Youtube. Then, in 2010, he was invited by Diane Warren to perform for PBS in the Palladium Theatre, along with famous artists such as Cher, Patti Austin, Celine Dion, Toni Braxton, Eric Benet, Fantasia, Le Ann Rimes and others. Multiple WAW !!
He sang and shared his experiences until 9 p.m. I didn’t know him before kak wulan asked me to see him. He was so inspiring. In fact, an Indonesian can win the competition abroad. Yeah, it’s because the spirit from his family and always study hard. After, the last song sang by Sandhy, the host said that on June 23rd,2012 there will be Dira Sugandi there. Dira Sugandi? Who is she? Kak wulan asked me to see her. So, I said Yes, next Saturday night will spend with kak Wulan, kak Dita and Dira Sugandi.
Kak Wulan and I

Here I am

yuhuuu...


June 23rd, 2012
It’s time for us to meet Dira Sugandi at @america. Yuph, we were there. Now, I have known who Dira Sugandi is. She is a famous jazz singer in Indonesia. Based on her story, In 2009, she was awarded the Indonesian Young Jazz Talent Award at the Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival where she sang a song called Lucky in a duet with American singer, Jason Mraz. WAW…..!!! Her debut album “Something About the Girl” was produced by Incognito‘s Jean-Paul Maunick a.k.a. Bluey and was released in 2010 in the UK, Japan and Indonesia. Multiple WAW!!!
Her voice was so beautiful, melodious and sweet, just like an angel voice. I didn’t think that there was a female singer from Indonesia that sings Jazz songs nicely. 

Kak dita and I

Hohohoohoooo...
Dira Sugandi and I

Awesome!! It was the first time I listened to Jazz music, and I liked and enjoyed her voice. She is one of talented singer in Indonesia. She sang and shared about herself. The performance ended at 9p.m. we were hungry, so we decided to go to Sabang by Transjakarta. Because there was a trouble in the bus, we had to get off. We walked and enjoy Jakarta in the night.  Because it was Satnite, there were so many people around Bundaran HI, I’ve just known it. :p after we ate, we went to boarding house. it’s been late night, luckily the gate of our boarding house is still opened. Hehee… it’s such a great satnite. :D Thanks for kak Wulan and kak Dita for our trip today. #bighug.
having late dinner

Jakarta in the night

walking around bundaran HI

in front of White House picture

I'm in "red"

pose pose pose

No comments:

Post a Comment