Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Trip to Tidung Island


On June 30th and July 1st, Linda (my best friend) and I went to Tidung Island. We joined the trip with Twister Travel. it’s the cheapest travel we’ve surveyed before. Hehee… only Rp.300.000 we could go to Tidung Island with all facilities such as ticket of ships, home stay 2days 1night, tour guide, bicycling, snorkeling, banana boat, BBQ, welcome drink, and travelling to Small Tidung Island and Payung Island.
Before I tell the story, let’s know all about Tidung island from experiencingtidung.com.


Tidung Island is one of the islands in the Thousand Islands. This island consists of two regions, named ‘Tidung Besar’ and ‘Tidung Kecil’, which is connected by a bridge. There is no one living in ‘Tidung Kecil’, so ‘Tidung Kecil’ still looks natural and be one of the favorite tourism spot. There are 4.250 people live in Tidung Island, majority of them are Moslem.
The width of Tidung Island is 200 meters and the length is approximately 5.000 meters. The beaches surrounded Tidung Island has white beautiful sand. We can see small fish swimming around the beach because the sea water is still clean. The beach surrounded Tidung Island has no big waves that enable us to swim. Tourists are also able to enjoy beautiful scenery of Tidung Island by biking.
Some social facilites and services have been settled in Tidung Island are: police office, village office, school, and Ocean Research Center by Marine Department. Besides, we can also find some stalls offering snacks, foods, drinks, and souvenirs. People lived in Tidung Island are known as friendly.
Beside snorkeling, diving, and other water sports and activities, one favorite spot is Jembatan Cinta (Love Bridge) which connects two regions of Tidung Island. In ‘Jembatan Cinta’, we can enjoy the beautiful and exotic view of sunrise and sunset, and we also can jump from the bridge to the sea, testing your bravery and nerves.

June 30th,2012.
We started our trip to Muara Angke Harbor. We didn’t get the ship because of the overloaded of passengers.  So we should wait the next ship that come at 10a.m.  uhh..there are some couples of young people who join the trip. I was envy, hohoo.. I want, someday I can have a trip with my crocy.
Then, we got the ship. I was tired. It took 2 hours to arrive at Tidung Island. We took ordinary ship, not jet, that’s why it took a long time. After we arrived there, we were so happy. We went to home stay by biking, and we got the best bed. We drank coconut water, hmmm…so fresh. After we took a rest for a moment, we prepared to take banana boat. Yihaa… it was the first time I take banana boat. I was afraid, but happy. We rode bicycle to the beach. The scenery was so beautiful. I really enjoy that moment.
taking picture and waiting for the ship

@ Muara Angke Harbor

in the ship

@ Tidung Harbor

I was in Tidung

yuhuuu...

cycling to the beach

go cycling

hohohoo...

@ tidung besar beach

before I take banana boat

on banana boat

huaaa....i'm afraid

yiihaa..i'm happy

after i took banana boat


After that, with our wet clothes, we walked through the beach, the water was clear and clean. It’s the thing that we hardly see in Jakarta, clear water, fresh air, and natural views. I liked staying a long in the beach. I collected shells there. Linda helped me to collect the shells so I got a lot of shells. Then, we went to love bridge, there were so many people who jumped from the bridge. Hm…because of an unexpected thing, we came back to the home stay. So we couldn’t see sunset on the beach. The home stay was so comfortable. In the night, We preferred stay in the home stay to join at BBQ, hehee.. I was sleepy.. but before I slept, Linda and I had enjoyed the night views in Tidung Island.
with jet ski

Welcome to Tidung



white sand

enjoy

with Linda

on Love bridge

on Love bridge 2

clean water

the gate of Love bridge

again !

with the tour guide


July,1st 2012.
Today, we were going to have snorkeling. Snorkeling is swimming on or through a body of water while equipped with a snorkel, a diving mask, and swimfins. By using those equipment, we could observe underwater scenery easily.

After we were ready with our snorkeling equipment, we took the boat to go to the spot of snorkeling area. We visited 2 areas. We swam and saw any kind of fish, coral reef, etc. We also took underwater photos. It’s difficult to take a good picture under water, so I just had one good picture. This is it.
snorkeling time!

with snorkeling equipment

on the ship

wearing glasses and snorkel

the island
underwater photo
hello, i'm snorkeling now!

After snorkeling, I didn’t felt good. I was getting cold. Next schedule was going to Payung Island. We didn’t know that we would eat there, we didn’t bring money. When the others were eating, we sat down on the hut, looked for shells and took pictures. Hehee… then, we came back to home stay. We took a bath and prepared to go home because it’s been afternoon. Do you know? I was sick after the nice trip to tidung, heheee… I couldn’t stand with the condition when I wear wet clothes, it makes me sick.
Anyway, I really enjoyed all the moments there. Good Bye Tidung.

No comments:

Post a Comment